Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miss Annie Day 3

Well she is the shyest grey I have ever fostered or adopted and I have fostered over 20 hounds and adopted 4 over the 9+ years with the group.

She came home with me Sunday after the gathering and was so afraid of me that I was actually stunned! When she got out of the suv she ran around the backyard with her head in the air quite scared, puzzled and wondering where am I? I thought to myself how am I ever going to get her in the house when she is afraid of coming to me. I got her back on lead and got her into the house. Miss Annie found Salty's mesh crate and fell in love instantly. Salty is a somewhat shy, spooky boy but nothing in comparison to her therefore keeping the one crate in the house. Now he is a little upset as his favorite place is occupied.

Annie has never had an accident and is free to roam while I am at work along with Nathan and Salty. My 2 little chihuahua's are crated during the day when I am not here. She has a prey drive of 0 unlike my little Zena and will run from the chihuahuah's when they bark.

She now will cuddle with me on the couch (of course with my assistance to get on the couch), meets me at the door when I get home and is following me around more frequently. She let me put on her jammie's this morning (courtesy of Zena) who was the same little size. She still does not care about bully sticks but does like dried chix tenders for treats. She eats well, never leaves a morsel in her bowl although do supplement with safflower and fish oil, yogurt, raw eggs, cottage cheese and veggies to break up the boredom. I am also feeding raw bones on occasion every week as that is what my guys were brought up on but had to switch to kibble due to income and layoffs.

I have fallen for her and this will be her forever home :) I will continue to update every week with her awesome progress.

My card reader is caput so when I get a new one I will send pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment